Sunday, July 18, 2010

Enjoying the view...


I just had to share this picture because I love it. 
This was taken on our trip to Denali. As soon as the kids saw the bridge, they wanted to get out and look at the river. I don't remember what river it was. If I were  good blogger, I would Google it and find out what river it is. But I'm not going to, because in the end, it really doesn't matter what river it is and I just don't feel like it. It was just a river the kids wanted to look at.

Anyway, it was right about at this point that there was an area where they took rafts in or out of the river for whitewater rafting. All I have to say about that is... Brrr.
There is not single natural body of water in this state that I would want to immerse my body in. I've been swimming in Lake Superior and I can only imagine that anything here is exceedingly worse than that. Except for the hot springs. I'd be willing to go there. But that's about 6 hours from our house. On the plus side, I never have to put on a bathing suit again. I'm all for the days when the bathing suits were full body suits. Maybe I can start a resurgence of the trend.

(Okay, I couldn't stand the guilt of just leaving you without knowing what river it was. I finally Googled it. It's the Nenana River, I believe, but there is a good chance that I could be wrong.)
 

So here is my favorite picture. I love the way they are all lined up like notes on sheet music. Plus I just like this view of DH's backside.

1 comment:

  1. I just linked to your blog from the PW comment page on the rodeo. I like your blog, it's cute. I invite you to check out mine too, since we both have kids and husbands and the stories to go along with them. :) Have a nice day!

    http://www.cookesfrontier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your loving words of kindness here.