Friday, June 25, 2010

I really have no words for this

Two weeks ago we went to Colony Days in Palmer. We watched the longest small town parade ever, and then went to a free BBQ at a local church. The kids played games and climbed trees. Then I witnessed something of a first for me.



Here we are hanging out after our free lunch thanks to St. John's Lutheran Church. That's when we noticed the firetruck behind us starting to extend his ladder.




The ladder extended out all the way and then someone climbed out on the ladder to nothing carrying a bag of something.




That's when I noticed the target drawn in sidewalk chalk directly under the ladder.




He then dropped the bag of stuff on the target. This is where I put two and two together and realized that they were having some sort of raffle thing and the winner was the one who was the closest to the center of the target.





Some guy went to pick out the winning "thing" from the center of the target.





That is when I noticed what was actually being used in this raffle.
Can you guess?






You got it, it's moose poop.





Someone actually collected moose poop, dried it, shellacked it, and wrote tiny numbers on it so that it could be thrown from a firetruck extension ladder at a giant target.
I apparently just witnessed the Moose Poop Palooza put on by the Kiwanis Club of Palmer.

If you think that this is the weirdest thing that has ever been done with moose poop, you are wrong.
Very, very wrong.

I now present to you, courtesy of Etsy,


moose poop earrings.

Look, he even put tiny little gem stones in these.
There are also necklaces and broaches.
You can view more of these precious gems here

Don't say I didn't warn you.


2 comments:

  1. Steve Jack wants to know...Where can I get some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, they sell moose poop paraphernalia everywhere! There are moose poop swizzle sticks, moose poop rings, I think keychains... just about everything! It's kinda silly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your loving words of kindness here.