Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day. I'm a little late.

I started to rifle through my pictures from DH and I's getaway weekend so I could do a Seward post and then I realized the magnitude of the task I had taken on. I took a lot of pictures so this is going to take me some time. In the meantime, I thought I'd share this.



I got a lovely bouquet of tulips and they're not from my hubby. I guess I have a secret admirer (even though I know his name-- he is 4 years old, and is one of my students. I can still call it a secret admirer if I want to). It absolutely made my day when he walked into school Monday with flowers for me my teacher aid. Pink for her and these beautiful red and yellow ones for me. There is nothing more cheerful than tulips. It makes me smile every time I walk in the kitchen. I think I may need to carry them around with me so I can smile all the time (although that would make me look like a constant bridesmaid, minus the awful dress). How can you be upset with tulips staring at you?

DH did not drop the ball, though, even if the only flowers in the house came from a young man he's never met.
Nope, he ordered me a package and made me open it the day it came: on the 12th. I got two cast iron skillets. One big one and one little bitty one just right for making my egg for breakfast every morning. Cooking on them makes me think of my dad making breakfast for me when I was little. While most may not consider cast iron skillets to be a very romantic gift, they are to me. DH knew I wanted some but I never got any. I just used my flaking Teflon pans.  Perhaps he just didn't want me to poison him and the kids with Teflon any longer. Either way, I really love them. This Valentine's day will go down in the annals as a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your loving words of kindness here.