Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Way up north!

So we finally did it. We are moving to Alaska! We have been wanting to move there ever since DH joined the Air Force over 6 years ago but we never made it there with the Air Force. Funny thing is, now thatDH is out of the Air Force he will be working on an Air Force base doing exactly what he did when he was in! PMEL is contracted out to civilians at Elmendorf. Now that he is a civilian (except for one weekend a month and two weeks a year when he has Reserve duty) he can finally get the Air Force job he always dreamed of.

Funny, isn't it?

The best part of this whole move is that we will finally get to live by family again. My sister lives in Alaska as well and we plan on living close to her family. She's trying to convince us to buy a house right down the street! She may change her mind about that. It will be so wonderful to have someone to spend holidays with and have Sunday dinners with. I know we are both excited to have babysitters!

Now the biggest challenge is getting all of us and our stuff all the way up north into a house that we have yet to buy. I have been having a great time looking at all of the houses for sale on-line but I know pictures can be deceiving. My sister put me in contact with her realtor and she will show us some of the houses I've picked out once we get up there. She asked me for some of the houses that I liked so she would know what to look for for us. I told her I had about 20 on my list and she said I was a lot like my sister! I know this is going to be a hard decision. I have a hard time picking out anything, much less something big like a house! I'm still excited about it though and I need to work on whittling down my list for my poor realtor.

So that is the plan so far. The kids and I will visit family in Michigan for a while this summer while DH drives all of our stuff up and gets things settled. I hope to see some of you while we are in Michigan this summer because it will probably be a while before we make it back again. It is quite a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your loving words of kindness here.