Thursday, July 2, 2009

Home

Well, here we are, waiting in Michigan until we can go to Alaska. DH is driving through Canada now and he has no cell pone coverage so I don't have much contact with him. He told me that they dug through the truck for two hours at the border. I just hope that they got everything back in because it was pretty tight in there!

The kids and I spent last week at DH's parents and had a great time. We went to the Air Zoo, the beach, a family reunion and got to see lots of aunts and uncles. Grandpa C took Sonny Boy fishing twice and he LOVED it. He even caught a few fish! We had a few campfires and the kids roasted marshmallows and poked sticks in the fire. Sonny Boy declared himself the King of Fire King. Apparently king of fire or fire king was not good enough so he had to be the King of Fire King.

Now we are at my parents' house and the kids are having a great time on the farm and playing with all of their cousins. I'm getting my baby fix. My sister and our cousin had their babies four hours apart so I have two 3 month old babies to cuddle. Sonny Boy is getting excited to go ride some tractors with Grandpa B and Grandma is in heaven because Princess Blondie loves having grandma read to her. Right now the kids are outside watching the road crew tar and chip my parents road. I remember watching them come by and pave our road twenty years ago when I was a little girl.

I have some pictures, but I don't believe I have the cable to my camera so I won't be able to post them but I will try.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going good. It is always fun to have the time to visit with family. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your loving words of kindness here.