Saturday, December 18, 2010

What about Bob?

Meet Bob, the newest member of our family.  Bob was the name chosen by my husband, agreed upon by me, and we finally convinced the kids that it was better than Larry or Spike. Although I have to say, I kind of think he could pull off Larry. I love people names for dogs. It really highlights their human qualities.




We got Bob from the local shelter. He's about a year and a half old and is a lab mix. 
Here's what we've learned about Bob so far: 
1. He makes Stinky Beagle look positively short and squat and very, very round. Princess Blondie said it looks like Stinky Beagle shrunk like she was in the washing machine for too long. Bob and Stinky Beagle are complete opposites personality-wise as well. Bob: playful, outgoing, friendly, energetic. Stinky Beagle: timid, shy, cautious,  lethargic. 
2. Bob is potty trained. For this reason alone, Bob is awesome. 
3. Bob comes when you call him. He hardly barks. He goes where you point. He sits, shakes, sort of lies down and almost stays when you tell him too. Yet another way he is the complete opposite of Stinky Beagle. I'm beginning to wonder if she is a cat trapped in beagle's body.
4. Bob is an attention hog and gets jealous anytime you pet Stinky Beagle. He barges his way in between us and her. He needs to learn some manners. 
5. He and Stinky Beagle fight over food. They really need to learn to take turns. Or I just need to buy another dish. They are not so good at sharing. 
6. Bob thinks he is a giant lap dog. He crawls in on your lap when your sitting on the couch. Especially if Stinky Beagle happens to be sitting next to you. Refer back to number 4.

7. Bob is not terribly modest. I'm not used to having a boy dog around with all of their boy parts flopping about. I guess I'll get used to it.
8. Bob is the only one who gets to use his real name on this blog, because really, I have nothing more clever to call him. What could possibly be better than Bob?

3 comments:

  1. Funny, funny post, Beth. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Like this cold weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Gullible! I could deal without the cold. This negative digits business is for the birds. I guess that's what I signed up for though, huh? Hope you're staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't have picked a more perfect name! I miss you! Can't wait to see you this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your loving words of kindness here.