Friday, December 10, 2010

The one about the Christmas musical

Oh children's Christmas programs, how I love thee. There is nothing funnier or more sweet than watching a bunch of kids in a Christmas program. Sonny Boy had his last night and it did not disappoint. I had a few good laughs during the show, but this morning when I looked at the pictures I found some really great stuff and  I've been giggling to myself since. I'm glad it's just me and the dog at home. Stinky Beagle doesn't care if I just sit here and laugh to myself. She's too busy sleeping 23 hours a day to care.


First up, the kids all enter and start looking for their parents. 
Aaaaand, he found us.


 Then my next big goal is to get a shot of Sonny Boy when he's really singing his heart out. You have to be quick though, because usually he is trying to look cool, and cool seven (almost eight) year olds can sing and do some of the motions, but not get really into it. 



 Here he's still got that 'yeah, I'm singing but I'm still cool' face on.



 I was trying to get some pictures of Sonny Boy's fellow scout friends because I saw their parents sitting on the opposite corner of the gym in the back. I managed to get a few. Lord knows these pictures will never leave my camera and actually make it to them, but at least I made, the effort, right? It's the thought that counts and all that jazz? Anyway, that's not my point here because I don't know who that kid in the plaid shirt is, I was aiming for someone else, but I want him. Look at those cheeks! I just want to kiss them. He's like a cuddly little teddy bear.



And the pictures just get better from here. You may think that Sonny Boy is really singing his heart out here, or that perhaps he is trying to attack the kid in front of him, but he is actually mid yawn. Yawning while in the middle of the song. My kids sleep 11 or so hours a night, so I don't know why he is so exhausted that he needs to yawn mid song.  I also did not fix the red eyes in this photo because I thought it made them all look like zombies. And I guess I just thought that was funny.... It's funnier when the picture is bigger. Feel free to move on. 


 At this point I direct your attention to the boy directly below Sonny Boy. His face is awesome. Now this is a kid who doesn't care how cool he looks. He is excited about Monty the Flying Moose.



And for the grand finale, all the kids looking like they are saluting Hitler. Their arms are supposed to be flying reindeer, but come on, am I the only one who sees this? Someone needs to have some sort of kids program summit where they can find a solution to the Hitler salute that shows up in all sorts of children's musicals.  There is some choreography that just needs to be banned. Hitler really ruined it for everybody. Jerk.

Princess Blondie's kindergarten Christmas program is next week. I'm am really looking forward to it. The younger the kids, the better the antics. My Christmas will not be complete until there is one kid who scream-sings louder than all the others and a little girl pulls her dress up and shows everyone her underwear. As long as it's not my girl.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting a picture of Marek! I saw you from afar and was impressed with your excellent choice of seating, as you know, we did not do so well :-)! And hey- I did see the picture!! :-)The Hitler move has got to go- what was she thinking LOL. Can't wait to see what you capture next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I even read that caption I was thinking Hitler....LOL Love the pictures, please post more soon!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummed I missed it, but glad I got to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth! I am seriously almost crying right now! These pictures were the best! And by the way. Paige had her church Christmas program last Sunday, and she was the girl that sung louder than any child out there! Nate and I were SOOOO red!!! :) Ask your Aunt Linda about it! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori, did anyone get a video of it?! I would have LOVED to have seen it! I can just picture her though. No need to be embarrassed. Everyone LOVES it when kids do stuff like that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your loving words of kindness here.